Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crock-Pot Revisited

Come fall I have to remind myself that we received a Crock-pot as a wedding gift and make it more accessable than during the summer months. I had a busy day last week and knew I was going to get home late. Beef Stew was on the menu so I took my crock-pot out of it's hiding place and literally threw stew beef and a bunch of veggies (carrots, onions, celery), covered it with water and added a package of McCormicks Beef Stew mix into the pot, set it on 10 hrs, and out the door I went. (I didn't even pre-brown the stew beef)



Now I really didn't think at the time that both my husband and I would get home 10 hours later. But much to my surprise we actually got home more than 10 hours later. The meat was so tender and the gravy was perfect! Move over Juicer the Crock-pot is moving into the neighborhood. I forgot how easy using a Crock-pot makes cooking dinner a snap.



So if you have a Crock-pot collecting dust break it out of hybernation save some time and plan some easy meals that are ready when you get home. If you don't have one think about investing in one. Depending on the size they range anywhere from $19 and up.

Look for more adventures in Crock-potting or share yours by adding your comments.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Well you definitely have to check out this this blog:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Stephanie has committed to using her crock pot everyday of this year and is blogging each recipe.

Beef stew is good. I made a "mustard herb beef stew" in my crockpot and blogged about it.

Yay for finding your crockpot!