Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just Like Kids

Its funny how two little Yorkies can give you a post it note to remind you to be thankful for what you have and not covet what others have.

Zach, our now 3 year old Yorkie and Joy Hannah (she's now 8 mos) sometimes act just like little kids.

Just tonight my husband brought home two large raw hide dog bones. I mean large. Like the size of Joy's head. Now one might think oh they will just take their bone and go off and chew it to death. Nope ~ they immediately got into this thing where one had to have the others dog bone. It became a tug of war where we had to work with them to get them to understand they have their own bone. It reminded me of when I was little and my brother just had to have my bike with the banana seat. He started riding down the street with it and I grabbed on to the bar and held on as tight as I could trying to stop him. Eventually he stopped me when he elbowed me in the mouth and chipped my tooth. Of course mom got wind of it, because I obviously had to go to the dentist, and my brother never took my bike again.

It's late and well, Zach is still chewing away while Joy is still trying periodically to get his bone away from him. She'll learn.

Laura

No comments: